June 9, 2023

Hello Families,
We had another wonderful week in Grade 1!
Wow! Our students loved Classroom Camping! Our day was filled with wonder and excitement as students designed their tents, wrote about camping, drew pictures, played camping bingo, and told spooky stories. Thank you to all our volunteers this week who made this special day possible (Anne, Tara, Nicole, Jessica, Jennifer, and Victoria).  Check out our pictures below!

Art: I can make drawings from observations.
-Students drew a variety of camping-related pictures.

Art: I can create art with an emphasis on personal concerns.
-Students designed a tent in a group and shared what was important to them.

Math: I can problem solve.
-Students solved a variety of camping word problems.

Social Studies: I can appreciate multiple points of view in groups and communities.
-Students had to co-design a tent that met all group members' needs.

Science: I can use different materials to build.
-Students used clay and toothpicks to design mini campsites.

Literacy: I can read a variety of texts. 
-Students enjoyed sitting in their tents using their flashlights to read.

Literacy: I can appreciate multiple genres of stories.
-Students enjoyed sharing spooky stories. Boo!

Health: I can work cooperatively with others.
-Students enjoyed a large group game of camping BINGO.

Phys Ed: I can follow gym rules and play fair.
-Students played various games with beach balls and parachutes. 

Have a great weekend! 


 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 23, 2023

June 2, 2023